Our social:

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Our Fortifications



Our Fortifications

What do I mean by fortifications?
They are devices that we put in place
against incoming or unknown attackers.
Now the questions are


  • Who are we?
  • Why do we need fortifications?
  • Who are the unknown attackers?
  • How do we fortify ourselves?
Who are we?

John 17:14
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

Jesus Christ has made it known here to us that we are not of this world but we are of God. We have recieved the word of God(we are christians), and now the world has hated us for it. Now that the world hates us, they probably would want to harm us just as they did to Jesus. Now this leads us to the second question

Why do we need fortification?

The kind of harm the world might want to use against us might be life threatening, just like what they did to Jesus and his disciples(the matyrs), they might want to make mockery of us.

I'm a Nigerian and just like almost any other place in Africa, I'm not sure about the western region whether they see or experience witchcraft in their environment. Right here in Nigeria due to indigenous cultural practices, some people still believe in demonic and all these ungodly powers, and we have it all around us, some of them claim they use it for good, some of them use it for evil(to avenge those who offends them), some use it for their protection or the protection of their children. The fact is that there are demons behind all these powers. All these results in people having spiritual attacks, I've heard of someone who was beaten with a cane in the dream and when she woke up she saw marks all over her body, arrows are being fired at some people spiritually, and when they wake up they become sick till they eventually die, although if they are taken to churches the prayer band prays for them and they become delivered. Some people are usually oppressed, they would be feeling like as if they can't breath, they wont be able to move their body, they wont be able to shout or speak, many at times would want to shout the name of Jesus, but because they are not spiritually charged with the word of God they will be unable to do so. I have experienced it so many times. All these happens because we lack constant fellowship with God and our sins are separating us from God, and also because we have that problem of identity, We do not know who we are.

Now let us close the chapter of witch craft and all those demonic powers and let us go the the western world where I believe those things are rare. There are sicknesses and diseases that the devil and his agents use against the people of God. We should be ready to fight back and say "by His stripes I am healed". Some people might be implicated by the devil, some people might coincidentally walk into a scene of natural disasters and the likes, for some people it might be the issues of broken homes. Brethren these are all devices the devil uses against the children of God.

Who are the Unknown attackers?

We have one enemy, and that is satan, but he has agents all over the world. His agents could operate in the spiritual and they could manipulate people in the physical to do his work. The Bible lets us know that the devil is going all around the earth, going back and forth in it, and so are his agents. They have come to steal kill and to destroy.

The segment we have being waiting for .

How do we fortify ourselves?

We dont have to make any sacrifices, neither do we have to make any incantations, we do not need to place anything under our pillows before we sleep, neither do we need guns or bodyguards to fortify ourselves. All we need is the word of God. Hallelujah.

We need to exercise the authority and power that God has bestowed on us. We should do this in our prayers. How do we do this? Let us take the scriptures below and master them we can start by using

Psalm 91

Me that dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save me
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover me with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will I find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
I will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at my side,
    ten thousand at my right hand,
    but it will not come near me.
You will only observe with my eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.
If I say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake me,
    no disaster will come near myr tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning me
    to guard me in all your ways;
12 they will lift me up in their hands,
    so that I will not strike my foot against a stone.
13 I will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    I will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”


Let us persona lize the scriptures while we are reading it

1st John 4:4

Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world

Psalm 27:1-3

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me
    to devour[a] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
    who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
    my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
    even then I will be confident.

Isaiah 59:19b

When the enemy comes in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against them

Isaiah 53:5

But he was wounded for my transgressions, he was bruised for my iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Numbers 23:23
There is no sorcery against me neither is there any divination against me

Psalm 118:17

I shall not die but live to declare the works of the Lord

Romans 8:32

I am more than conqueror

Isaiah 55:5

Surely I will summon nations I know not, and nations I do not know will come running to me, because of the LORD my God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed me with splendor."

Isaiah 60:1

I arise I shine for my light has come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon me

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment I shall condemn.

Joshua 1:5

No one shall be able to stand before me all the days of my life

0 comments:

Post a Comment